View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 11:53 AM

I just bought a '75 240D with the intention of converting it to a 2 tank heated wvo system. But in my further research I learned about making Biodiesel, which also seems like a viable option.

I live in Minnesota, and it gets cold here. Negative Fahrenheit temperatures are common in winter, so whatever I do I'll need some sort of heating system from what I've read.

I'm trying to decide what to do here because I want to run on alternative fuels while taking the best care of my engine that I can. So I search on here and I find a bunch of people insulting each other - The purist diesel-power fanatics vengefully lacking the will to accept the validity of other options vs. The eco-fanatic greasers with an equal tendency toward narcissistic, opinionated, self-inflating remarks. And nobody wants to discuss or demonstrate.

So, please, straight answers. Opinions aside and observations at the ready: How does running wvo carefully (well filtered, properly heated, two tank system, starting/stopping with dynodiesel, etc.) effect an engine? How does properly made biodiesel effect an engine?

Of wvo-biodiesel and straight wvo, which is more practical for sub-zero temperatures?