View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 07:31 PM

Thanks Graham, Tomguy. Having your help in this is fantastic!

I have attached a (poor) quality picture showing my MAP sensor with a 4 mm Allen key in the screw. The Allen key does not make contact with the interior sides of the screw, which may mean that it has been stripped, as Tomguy suggests! Hopefully you can see enough detail. Mine definitely does not have any hex shape to the inside! The Allen key is pushed in as far as it will go.

Throttle plate looks to be completely closed at idle. It is not horizonatal, but it looks shut.

I found a leak in the transmission modulator. That must the reason why the vacuum measures lower at this take-off. I will get a 5/16th" Tee to measure vacuum at the MAP (I had only a smaller diameter Tee available today). A transmission modulator leak shouldn't be too "large" should it? I have read about people driving around with leaking modulators, and waiting to "get around" to replacing them, so I assumed this would not be a critical thing.

I have some propane available. Should I try that around the injector seals and intake seals? It would be easier to snake that around with some hose, than try to get carb cleaner close to the intake seals.

Yes, I am having fun, but I hope that eventually I'll get this car running properly. It ran well for the first few weeks that I had it, and it was great fun to drive :-)
Attached Thumbnails
'73 450SE - should I replace intake manifold seals?-08112009-005-.jpg  

Last edited by a5a1234; 11-08-2009 at 07:42 PM.