View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 09:43 PM

Just converted from federalized to factory OEM

Advice for the person that started this thread.....take your WUR off and send it to CIS Flow Tech, Larry Fletcher, and have him rebuild and recalibrate it for you. I just completed a project to remove all the federalized parts and returned the K-Jet to OEM. Larry custom built a 103 WUR for me and we used all factory parts and connections.

Got the car back yesterday and my wife and I took it out for a back country road test run today of about 70 miles. My car is a factory 5 spd and the difference in the fuel injection system after the project is very significant to say the least. The car runs like a bat out of hell, pulls strongly to the redline, never misses a beat, and idles perfectly. I'm guessing it cost me about $ 1200 to do the conversion and it was well worth it. Prior to the conversion the car ran poorly, missed and lerched under load, and just was not satisfying to drive. Most people that know these cars say that they never ran right after being federalized and if so, not for very long. There is no documentation available for the electronics that was used on my car.

Larry Fletcher knows his stuff, is reasonable and quick, and is helpful and willing to share information. You can't go wrong if you have him rebuild your WUR. By the way, the # 103 is the correct WUR for your car. It's the last version of the WUR. Make sure you have your atmospheric and vacuum lines connected correctly. The vacuum port is on the back of the intake manifold, nearest the firewall. Mine had been plugged with a screw for 25 years!!

- Tom Merritt