View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 10:12 PM
You talkin’ to me?

Buzzing sound and won't start.

Hey all,

I've had the 240D torn all apart for quite some time replacing lots of stuff. I have had the tranny off and have replaced all the clutch components. Also had to replace the slave cylinder. I have tried to bleed the clutch by the RF brake caliper method and it seems as if it is working, but I don't know if I really have all the pressure I should have when I press the clutch pedal.

Anyway, I buttoned everything back up (also had the intake/exhaust manifolds off to replace gasket) and tried to fire it up - no dice. With the clutch pedal pushed in, I turn the key and just get a buzzing sound. It has been sitting for some time, but I put a charger on the battery and it says it is good (lights come on, etc.). What's the deal here?

Is this a clutch problem? If I haven't managed to bleed it entirely, and the clutch doesn't function, will that keep it from turning over and the buzzing I am hearing is the starter not being able to crank the engine? It's hard to tell where the buzzing is coming from. Any thoughts?

"Back off, man. I’m a scientist” ~ Peter Venkman