Thread: 1987 300d turbo
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2002, 12:37 AM

1987 300d turbo

Thanks to everyone who reponded to me with my hp concern.All of your help is greatly appreciated.Don't get me wrong the car has power i was just looking for some hidden power.My car is currently of the road due to some maintenance.Transmission is being rebuilt.After removing the oil pan to replace the gasket i saw pieces of plastic i'm thinking its pieces of guide rail so this weekend i'm removing the front cover and replacing all of the guide rails with all of the pins,also the timing chain with tentioner.And while i'm there i am going to inspect the bearing for the vacuum pump.I know there is definety 1 thing i am going to do and that is to install a intercooler.
1 more quick question to all.How much faster is the 1999 E300 turbodiesel (210) then the 124 300 D turbo ? Because my friend that i work with at Mercedes Benz with the 210 said to me any time your ready.After im done with my maintenance i think im ready.Who do you guys have your money on and why?. The race will be around 0-80 mph