View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 07:01 PM

From my research and what original AMG literature I have, there are at least four different side skirt designs from AMG to fit the w124 sedans. They are:

Proper Gen I - Pre-Hammer kit design. These are the ones that should stick out a little. They are flared downwards near each wheel and tuck in in the center of the rockers. They are designed only to work with the cars without cladding. You find these on the really early cars and some of the earliest Hammer's without cladding.

Gen I Hammer - This is the style I have now. Pre-Merger AMG parts with round jack hole covers but flared across the bottom of the entire skirt. Designed to work with AMG's own side cladding on pre-1990 cars. From everything that I've seen they shouldn't have a lip on top.

Early Clad Cars - These have the screw holes precast to replace the OEM cladding and are for cars made post 1990 but before the AMG Gen II kits. So they are a direct replacement for the side cladding on 1990 + cars.

Gen II - Styled to fit the AMG Gen II kits sold for the facelift 1994-1995 cars. Rectangular jack hole covers.

1987 300e - The 200,000 mile TurboTechnics rocketship.

Last edited by 6cndmbz; 01-11-2011 at 07:13 PM.