View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 05:10 PM

Nice one, Curt.
This was all part of my brilliantly diabolical plan to capture the ChowdahQ Jalopy Award from the reigning previous winner.... which was.... You guessed it: Curt!

Yes I have a spare shut off valve for the injection pump.... Just haven't gotten around to doing it. For the past.... Er..... 6 or 7 years. . It is on my list for this project though. Unfortunately, that means you may not get any more pics like this one, Curt.
I want to do the leak down test. If need be I will either redo this head, or redo the spare cylinder head I have from my dear departed 1976 rust bucket. RIP.

I just rechecked that vacuum line, in the light of our earlier conversation. It appears clean. The dark area seen in the video may have been caused by the lighting. That line broke about two years ago, and I replaced it. I took several more pics of it....so you can see it is pretty clear... And if I can figure a way to post them from this iPad (not bloody likely, btw) I will. Otherwise I will do it from my computer at work. It is probably worth noting that the old line did show evidence of oil when it broke... So I wouldn't be surprised to find some in the new one.... But it doesn't appear to be there now.
1975 W115 300D

visit my blog:
http://mercedesdieselrebuildingdiederich.blogspot.com/