View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 11:45 PM
User Especial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman View Post
I would say that the springs have little effect on the ride quality from stock to now. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being stock I would rate the lowered car at a strong 8 3/4 maybe even a 9. The only time you can feel the ride difference is over bumps and pot holes and the difference is not that much. When I compare the ride to the stock 1995 E320 it is almost identical. It's hard to tell the difference in the ride it is stiffer and the steering is more responsive and I dont think there is as much body roll. I would recommend a set, but keep in mind I still have the stock wheels and stock tire size. I love the lowered E420 especially the
way it looks. Now putting them on is anator story we did it without a spring compressor.

I used Eibach.
Subman
great post. After reading pluses and minuses, I am going to pull the trigger on a set of H&Rs for the W210. My buddy found a broken spring up front when doing an alignment. He suggested I look into a set of aftermarket springs as he had success with them on a couple of his Benz's.

I will report back.
98 E300D *sold
86 300SDL *sold and made flawless 10 hour journey to new home.