View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drayday55 View Post
so i tore down my motor to clean it up for my swap into a toyota 4x4

the spacer ring is obvously seal worn- nice ring that will for sure cause a leak with the use of nother mercedes seal.
here are my questions
1- the victor reins brown color seal looks to be manufacured a tad different, i used my dial caliprs and found that the sealing lip should land a smidge over from the factory seal
but im not to confident that it will keep the oil in because this aftermarket seal does not have the secondary lip that rides on the balancer disc. im sure the factory made the secod seal for a reason..
2. anyone know if you can remove and flip the spacer ring? also how the hell do you get it off without the factory tool? kidnap a mercedes tech and his tool box?
3. anyone know of a seal saver?

thanks
Don't waste your time using a standard oil seal - use the OE seal or you will soon be doing the job again! The lip seals on the balancer face to keep dirt away from the oil seal area. Be sure to keep the oilseal face flush and square when you install, fill space between lip and seal with grease and polish face on balancer.

The old spacer can be reused as the seal point is 4mm off center (ie 8mm clear) - note which way round when removed!

The sleeve is a slide fit in crank. It is the burrs from the dowels that are holding it and these must be removed carefully with a small oil stone.