View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
I don't like doing brakes. If I mess it up and wreck because the brakes didn't work, I'd only have myself to blame. Paying someone else gives me the protection that they'll do it right, or I'll have them in court and cause them as much damage as they caused me.
This logic is flawed.

Any shop will test drive the vehicle and be sure the brakes work when the vehicle leaves the shop.

If their poor workmanship causes a failure 30 or 60 days from the date of the work, you'll NEVER prove that their work was the cause of the failure. You'd need a professional engineer with complete knowledge of a vehicle brake system and you'd have to pay him thousands of dollars for his testimony.

I do not know of a single person who prevailed against an auto mechanic on any work done. It's a simple matter of your word versus the mechanic and the mechanic is the professional.

I always laugh when people are afraid to work on brakes (one of the simplest vehicle systems) and trust the "mechanic" to do the job right. If he does (which is likely)..........terrific...........if he does not..........you'll never prevail unless he's a total and complete idiot and the brakes fail on the way home from the shop.