View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:49 PM

Went shopping with the wife today. Managed to squeeze a visit to princess auto in. I had not saved the packaging for those gauges so thought I might check.

The packages the gauges came in are labeled valley instrument quality gauges. Other than that there is nothing on the actual gauge casing.. The face is 0-30 pounds full scale and is aso indicated in bars. The face inscription is bar 100xkpa in red and at the bottom psi in black. Bar scale is in red and psi scale in black as well.

The package states that the gauge mechanisim can deal with oil,fuel,gasoline,and water plus any other liquid that is not corrosive to brass or bronze.

Ebay also might be a supply point to consider.

I have to wonder if those pesky hydralic pressure spikes that are present in the fuel system might have taken your gauges out. The fluid dampend needle movement does not reflect those pulses but the internal mechanisim is responding to them perhaps. This is why a normal undampened gauge slams from one end to the other in this circuit. Did you by chance bleed any air out of the lines for your gauges? I suspect not but have to ask.

If other reports simular to yours start to appear it may require an air accumulator or air cushion in the gauge system circuit To reduce the ferocity of the pulses. your cigar hose is present in the system?

I did not go to princess auto with the intention of actually buying anything today. Still the lineup at the cash out counters I found was still substantial as the wife waited .

Last edited by barry12345; 04-24-2013 at 11:09 PM.