View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmalley View Post
So There is a continued debate about reisitor spark plugs vs non-resistor spark plugs. In MB engines that are equipped with non-resistor plugs from the factory many have said not to use resistor plugs. I have always used non-resistor plugs because I was afraid of getting a rough idle and stalling, etc., etc. Well after changing my O2 sensor yesterday, I bought 6- HR9DC (resistor) spark plugs and put them in. I have not noticed any weird idling or stuttering at all. I know this is all a matter of opinion, but I now know that I can safely order my plugs online instead of being raped at the dealership. Also, with the spark plug wires, does anyone know why MB combined Bosch boots with Beru wires? I saw a 92 190E at the junk yard and took a few photos of the wires. The boot is Bosch, but the wire is Beru. They are all original and even have the MB star logo on them.
You won't see poor idle/stalling... What you Will see are caps/rotors wearing out Sooner, wires more prone to arcing if they are @ all tired..
In the long run you will go through coils and worst case you will cook the EZL... The latter I've been seeing more of in the past couple of years on cars that are New to the shop here/running what's commercially available plug wise.

for 4-5$ a plug Worst case that seems like cheap insurance to me!

Both Beru and Bosch make parts for MB, so anything is possible.

Jonathan
Enthusiast Service, Restoration & Tuning.
Follow Us on Facebook!
Located in the Atlanta area
Specializing in all pre and post merger AMG's including Hammers and DOHC M117 engines.
Mercedes Repair Atlanta