View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weird beard View Post
I just started into upgrading my speakers and audio setup. My '82 300sd has 4x6 front and rear speakers.

I just replaced my old JVC deck with one of these. Its a kenwood KDC-BT945U. Looks nice in the classic MB dash and is loaded with every option. I can make hands free bluetooth calls through it and stream my music via bluetooth. Back lighting color is adjustable so I tuned it to be off white to match the incandescent back lighting in the rest of the car. Not hard to set up and easy to use. My android phone automatically syncs to it when I get in the car and can charge it from the glove box via the rear usb input. Price was good as well. Payed $150 for it used.

Just ordered pioneer 4x6 2 way speakers for it as well. Will update on the fitment. I am still running through the fader but thinking of switching the fader to be a sub woofer volume control in the future. (assuming i decide to install one) If I do this I will obviously be running the speakers on all four channels instead of just the front two. I don't want a earth shaking system, just one that sounds good. (and still want the fader to perform some sort of function) I will update on how just upgrading the speakers sounds.

If you're not looking to spend a lot on this - ebay and craigslist have tons of good used audio. This is where I got all my equipment. All said and done I will be into the audio for around $200 with new deck and four speakers.

Bump! I have the same headunit which I'm taking out of my Audi, I was just wondering if you could update us with the fitment of your 4x6 speakers?