View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 04:36 AM
300cd

So it looks like i will be getting the whole 3.5L engine delivered to my house. it was worthless to them and they need the space. i think there is a trans on it too LOL. so now i can take my time removing the head in my garage when i get it. after doing some research, people have said the 3.5L's IP has a different cam and could really improve off the line performance! but no clear answers from someone who has done it. after removing the alda from a friends 350sdl and seeing the HUGE black cloud, i can imagine this would shame some of my diesel truck buddies on the smaller 3.0 block if i floored if off the line! maybe i'll try it . i will get back with mileage on 3.5L engine because i need to decide what to do about taking the head to a machine shop and maybe do valve stem seals and have them check for straightness and clean it up? resurface? i wonder how much that would cost but i'm not touching the bottom end of my 3.0. it has 200k and had no blowby and no oil consumption despite the head issue. since i'm swapping my cam to the #22 head along with lifters and cam towers (if parts are interchangeable), do i need to do the cam bearings? i am concerned about any moisture damage to these moving parts on the #22 head. i have not removed valve cover or even looked at much else on the 3.5 engine but i noticed the oil cap was off and the compressor wheel on turbo was nicked.
91 300TD- 722.6, #22 head, 3.5L IP, w140 manifolds, ect