View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 01:25 AM
300cd

ok, so i will be pulling the 22 head off the donor 3.5L block in the next few days. the engine has 148-150k on it and was running fine. the w140 was a 09/92 build date if it matters. i read somewhere that only #17 heads came on the US market 3.5's so is this a replacement head or engine with even less mileage?? 148-150k was on the body. i am going to get MB valve stem seals at the dealer tomorrow because i have heard the aftermarket ones are not a correct fit to say the least. will also check price on head gasket set. my friend can get me a head gasket SET on worldpac for $80. i think it was erling or victor reinz. also head bolts on worldpac came to $52. i understand there are longer bolts needed somewhere for the #22 in the front? are those the tripple square head bolts or the ones in the timing cover? in other words, do i need to order longer head bolts for somewhere? i will be taking it to a machine shop in Ft. Worth that my friend thinks highly of. i am removing everything but the pre-chambers. i hope that is not an issue because i do not have the tool. is there anything they can mess up resurfacing it? i read someone saying if they take too much off you have to use a thicker head gasket that is like $3-500! i sure hope not! my friend made it a big deal that it needs to be milled, not ground so that should make it as precise as possible. i will be using the 3.5's glow plugs assuming they are all good until i can afford a new set.
91 300TD- 722.6, #22 head, 3.5L IP, w140 manifolds, ect