View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Ignorance is a disease

When I reamed my glow plug holes, I used a vacuum cleaner to suck on the holes and then I spun the engine over to blow anything else out. The Carbon is such a fine powder I feel it would be silly to even worry about it. These engine go 300k miles without needing the combustion chamber or precup cleaned of Carbon, and that's enough to not worry. If the powder did fall in, blowing it out is easy. If it doesn't get blown out, it'll either be burned in the prechamber or blown into the combustion chamber and out the exhaust valves. The burning gas coming out of those prechamber holes is EXTREMELY hot and fast. Any chunk of Carbon that got stuck in a hole would be flame cut and evaporated into nothing within minutes. If you're a shooter, you know that Leading in revolvers is caused by an undersized Lead bullet that is flame cut by burning gases and deposits molten Lead in the forcing cone and cylinder throats. The Carbon wouldn't stand a chance.

Also, if the soot went straight up when spinning the engine over to blow it out, it would hit the pintle ball's flat underside and be directed out the side glow plug hole by the air current.

Grease, no grease, colloidal Gold, I don't think it matters what you put on the reamer.