View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Weit aus dem nirgends

OM621 throttle position guidance

Several years ago, a friend of a friend brought me her '62 Heckflosse for a floorpan replacement. I ended up replacing the four pans, most of the unibody frame rails, including custom door cards and modified 124 seats fr/rr.

In the process, I unwisely thought I'd replace her very worn throttle rods with some good ones I still had from an old OM615. Unfortunately, I didn't measure the relative positions between the rods and the throttle body and pump. I have the old paper manuals from my OM615, which state how to adjust and set the throttle rods relative to other items peculiar to that particular engine. This OM621 does not have that same configuration, though the two engines are the same in general principle.

I need some guidance regarding how to reset the throttle so that it will idle without loping and accelerate smoothly without dying. When I initially checked the governor, it wouldn't hold vacuum, so I disassembled, cleaned and greased it up. It now will hold vacuum. It still won't idle. When I got the car, it would run not too great, but much better than it does now.

I desperately need to wrap up this project and return it to an impatient owner, and then of course to regain the space in my tiny little yard. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.