View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 02:43 PM

Problem With Alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55mph View Post
i'm hoping to get a little help with my e320. excuse me if i'm interupting a thread if i am. i'm new here.

94 e320: alarm will not disengage so i'm unable to start the car. the car was left out with the top down recently during an unexpected rain. i figure that may have something to do with the problem.

any help would be appreciated.
Most of what you need to fix this problem is probably contained in these posts. I would start by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Then I would check fuses 5, 11, 12, 13, and B with a multimeter or test light. Be sure to test at the connectors as opposed to the fuse itself, so you can be sure that not only is the fuse good but that it also is getting a good connection. Hopefully, the solution to your problem will be found somewhere in there. Otherwise, you may have a problem with the actual ATA unit itself. I believe there is a way to bypass it, but I'm not 100% on that. You could also obviously replace it if it is bad, but that's a choice you have to make based on how much money you're willing to spend for a given level of functionality. Since this post was made back in 2008 I'm going to assume that you no longer need this response, but maybe someone else will. I find that usually disconnecting the battery resets the alarm.

**Edit**

I'm pretty sure that the fix for bypassing the ATA is simply jumpering the K38 relay. You can find the correct pins and wire colors earlier in this thread.

Last edited by Fallinggator; 01-02-2017 at 03:23 PM.