View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 10:16 AM

I was looking for awhile on which seats would work the best ,the w123 are nice but to consider what price range for fixing a very common problem with these older models is interior condition ,esp. seats ,is a large part of the problem..The fact that I own a coupe makes it utra hard to find a remedy and this has intrigued me for sometime as an alternative.The coupes had no power so that checks off ,a flat mounted base ,check, a similiar size ,width and highth ,check .The fact that these seats have extra functions is just a bonus ,for instance someone is wanting to sit in the backseat and your sitting in your driver seat ,you can lift the seat with a lever from your position for the pass. to enter from the pass. side of the car.The other feature Ive mentioned is it raises as the back lifts forward.A hard plactic back and no more twisting nobbey thingeys makes me happy,an all around source for a common problem.The side to side width is different.171/2 inches bmw ,19 inches MB , BUT THE FRT TO BACK IS VERY CLOSE ,14 INCHES BMW ,14 1/2 MB .some plate steel with 4 holes drilled to these placement changes should get the job done ,3 inch wide x 16 inches long ,then the right lenght of longer bolts with same thread should get me on my way for mounting them .Looking at the seat arrangement OF THE BMW iVE NOTICED the seat adjustment side has to clear the door when closed ,will have to consider a few things when the seat is mounted when placing the plates onto to the seat for installation.I appreciate the offer on the bracket ,Ill see if I can work it with what I have hanging around the shop.Might be a backup plan .dl 92
Heres a video of some of the functions of these seats ,the ones in the video are of an m3 frt seats where I have a set of manual stocks but perform the same ,the lumbar would be nice to have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Acd5L9hMM4

Last edited by chasinthesun; 07-01-2017 at 12:02 PM.