View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It took me over a year to find a decent, well-priced, rust-free W110/111 when I was on the lookout. It seems that very few are left, and for every nice one there are a dozen rusty, dented ones with torn headliners and sunburned rear seats. 108s are easier to find (and are pretty much a Heckflosse wearing different clothes), but they don't have quite as much quirky character.

I think the best weapon you have in this fight to get the good Benz is time and patience. The buyer who is in a position to walk always gets the best car in the end.
I very much agree with this. The worst part is dealing with the emotional roller coaster of finding something that looks good the learning it’s sold or trying to deal with a seller who is remote.

I just found what I think is a beautiful 63 200 in my immediate area, but the seller is Hispanic and won’t respond to anyone making inquiries in English. I’m struggling to find a Spanish speaking person to act as a go-between just to get some basic information to find out if what I’m seeing is actually what they have for sale.

Dan

Last edited by LWB250; 06-04-2018 at 10:13 AM.