View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 02:48 AM

Okay, actually the engine of this model is very similar to 230.4 types. The engine is an M115, 95ps.

Let me explain a little bit more. When we want to accelerate, everything goes normal. The response of the car is very well and it accelerates normally. Approximately 30 seconds later, the engine suddenly stops as if we run out of the gas. At that time, whenever we check the gasoline filter, it seems fully empty. And again at that time, whenever we distinguish the outlet line hose from the carburetor and try to start the car, we always watch that the pump is working very well. After we wait a minute or more, it is possible to run the engine again. We can drive it without any problem, of course , until we accelerate the car or try to climb a hill with any inclination.

The problem seems to me that, somehow the carburetor doesn't want to let the gas go inside. But I have no idea regarding the reason. The carburetor is a very common one, Stromberg 175 CD. It is used in all M115 engines and as far as I know, in some of the Triumph models. It is a constant depression one.