View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixto View Post
You have to add a dedicated temp sensor for the glow relay. The 603.960/1 didn’t come with it. Fitting one to the side of the head looked difficult so I used the threaded port on the water pump housing ahead of the thermostat. I could do this because I removed the transmission vacuum amplifier.

Temp sensor 008 542 56 17 has a pin each for gauge sender and glow relay. I can’t find the part number of the glow relay only sensor. The 603.960/1 gauge sender has only 1 pin.

If you bridge the pigtails and the fans don’t blow, it could be a bad low speed resistor behind the left headlight.

Most folks here upgrade the early 124 single fan to later dual fan. I don’t recall that anyone retrofitted a 126 single fan. I think there are multiple sizes of 126 single fan. I found it dificult to remove the 124 dual fans. Once it’s out, it can’t be that difficult to fit a single fan.

Why not wire the fan directly to the battery (fused!) with a switch for the driver? At least until you sort the sensors and wiring.

Sixto
98 E320s sedan and wagon
02 C320 wagon
Took the fans out, finally...these damn rivets.
After cleaning out of the debris they work, but one fan works only in one direction and makes a noise.

My water pump comes from 350SD AFAIK, so it doesn't have any threaded holes, or at least I haven't spotted them yet.