Thread: Old Motocycles
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Diesel Dandy

Thumbs up Riding

Thanx Fellas ;

Like most who ride and are older, I've owned and ridden many different brands over the decades .

I'm a dedicated pavement rider, I never enjoy off roading and forget about dirt bikes .

That 1972 BMW R75/5 was a very good bike, then and now, I've had quite a few /5's and still miss my short wheel base '72 "Toaster Tank" R75/5 a lot .

My current full size Moto is a barn find 1975 BMW R60/6 ~ it has kinda small engine but it's a very nice bike only having 8,000 miles, I discovered it by accident when out of town chasing W123 parts, the seller couldn't get anyone to come up from L.A. where it's worth serious $ to poseurs and jerkhoffs who don't actually like riding and gave me a real break on the price .

These days I mostly ride Tiddlers, I've managed to survive two 'fatal' Moto accidents, the first when a gypsy cab ran me over from behind as I was waiting for a stoplight, that one crippled me badly, I can't walk well anymore but can still ride O.K. .

Then in 2017 I fell asleep in the mountains riding my Ural Solo sT and hit the granite going 40 MPH, broke more bones and spent most of that year in a wheel chair .

The comments about careless other drivers are spot on ~ one nearly killed me yesterday , used his blinker and began to change lanes without bothering to actually LOOK .

? Does anyone else ride in the rain ? .

I did then what I knew how to do ~ now that I know better I do better