View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 01:14 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky raccoon View Post
Yes David ... sort of. We had a similar "black box" in our ambulances n Richmond. It monitored your diving habits; speed, acceleration, braking, turning (lateral g's) and backing without a spotter (outside pushbutton when in reverse). We all found it very intrusive and it was used to "score" us as drivers. Too many violations and we had to go back to driving school and in extreme cases, were fired.

I too have State Farm and have had for 30+ years. They made the same offer and I declined. I would not do it for 1% or for 20%. At 50% I would have to think about it.

My advice is to decline. I don't want them looking over my shoulder whenever I drive. On the flip side, lets say you are on the aggressive side as a driver. Are they justified then in raising your rates 1%, 20% or 50% ?

As a quick dig on the way out, your posts betray you as a pro-government type. Maybe you would like this as a forcing function to make you a better person.
State Farm told me that the devise would not be used to increase my rate.

I'm going.to.try it for 6.months and see how my rate is affected.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.