View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 02:01 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxfrank View Post
The primary constraint was length at the waterline. But a boat that doesn't need to cross an ocean can be engineered differently from one that does. Do you think all F1 or Indy cars are identical, even though they homologate to the same standard?
I know all F1 and Indy cars are not the same but no one drives an Indy car or F1 car to the race.

I was not aware that the America Cup boats sailed to the location. I figured since it is a dedicated race boat that it was ferried to the location.

As far as the cars not being the same, I have the same issue with most professional sports that use a car/plane/boat or what ever. I am more interested in who is the best athlete in that particular sport than who has the best vehicle. That is why I prefer running, gymnastics, stuff like that. It's all about the person and their skill.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.