View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 06:59 AM
Posting since Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd4evr View Post
If you watch the cleetus McFarland you tube channel drive of the c8, he looks around and there is no room for a supercharger drive. So turbos or maybe an electric SC in in the works. Some creative drive system is always a possibility but it's real tight in there. I have a feeling the whole rear of the car drops out without a crazy amount of work. I think it looks like a not great hotwheel model. Something just looks toyish and blow molded plasticy. Like a real nice powerwheels.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
That’s what I’m thinking(hoping.) It might be that the engine transaxle drop out easily. Even then, most people won’t be equipped to change a belt in their garage, much less their driveway.

If it were designed for it, you could have it such a that the entire engine/transaxle could drop out in thirty minutes or less. A few big bolts attaching the entire assembly. One big bulkhead connector for wiring. An electric air conditioner unit with no engine connections. Fuel lines and maybe quick connects for oil cooler and coolant lines. What are the chances of Detroit making a car that serviceable? Somewhere between nil and nonexistent.

Annoy a Liberal, Read the Constitution