View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd4evr View Post
Lack of popularity is directly related to lack of being able to do it properly like everyone could 50 years ago. No one needed abs or cars that even turned or stopped reasonably well and it wasn't a constant blood bath somehow. Ever drive a 60's or 70's car? Because people could actually drive to some degree. Paid attention to the road. Now you get tested to see if you know how to adjust your mirrors. Vehicle operators not drivers. Why learn to do something when you don't have to? It's the new way. It's irrelevant I guess. I'm not buying anything remotely like that ever anyway. Idiocracy is happening right before our eyes and it's kinda funny. Demolition man, when she says" you can't self drive at these speeds!". Who do I sue when your auto lane keeper fails and hits me ? You or Toyota? Sad but funny in a ridiculous way. And no stick shift Corvette is a direct result. Crapola.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
Back then sticks were better transmission. Better gas mileage, better engine control, especially downhill. Our last stick got sold in 2014. As transmissions, modern ATs are just better, though I still savor that last ride and well-timed down shifts with right foot rev-matching.

But better is better, and modern ATs are better than sticks.

“No, I don’t take responsibility at all.” - Don Trump

“The buck stops here.” - Harry Truman

Black Votes Matter.