View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 03:35 PM
Master hull craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseasel300 View Post
If you hold the downshift button, the transmission should do a 2-3 and 3-4 shift at 4600 RPM. Without the downshift button held but still at full-throttle, the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts should be somewhere around 4300 RPM if the bowden cable is adjusted properly. If you're shifting late, the engine will seem to run out of breath and the shift sort of "hang" before upshifting.

The electronic connection on the back of the IP is ONLY for idle control. It does nothing else. Think of it as a fast-idle solenoid on a carburetor, it basically keeps the idle from drooping when going into gear or A/C compressor kicking on.

The torque capsule on the IP governor is responsible for the fuel taper. Adjusting it in conjunction with the full-load fuel stop can yield some performance improvement, but it won't be that significant.

I've used nothing but Victor Reinz. I'm not paying 3-10x the cost for exactly the same thing.
Ahh. Good info, thanks. I wish the search engine didn't suck so bad here. Unfortunately I do not have a working tach or speedo right now. Just got it driving and I plan on swapping my SD cluster to see if that has any effect. That scenario where it runs out of breath, kind of hangs and I have to lift to get it to shift sounds about right. I haven't been beating on it too bad yet since no tach and the brakes are terrible. Really only ran it out to there twice.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk