View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 08:28 PM
E300d 1995

95 E300D front power window motor lubrication question

For several months both front windows will not roll down reliably ( hardly ever ).

I'm guessing the main problem is the tiny relay contacts in the comfort module beneath the rear seat. I haven't wanted to mess with that until I was sure the door window motors and regulators were in top condition to reduce current flow.

Today I removed the passenger side front motor and regulator. Regulator looks good and will need lubrication along with the associated slides.

The problem I've encountered is the motor gear internals appear to have no lubrication remaining. Attached picture shows a fine dust that came out of the gear area. It is dry and really fine particles the consistency of really fine sawdust powder.

What lubrication should I use? I'd like to protect the plastic gear from wear and lubricate both ends of the shaft.

The motor brushes are not tightly sealed from that area so I don't want to use anything that might contaminate the brushes.

The motor brushes and commutator are in excellent condition.
Attached Thumbnails
95 E300D  front power window motor lubrication question-95-e300d-window-motor-gear-dry-powder.jpg   95 E300D  front power window motor lubrication question-95-e300d-window-motor-components.jpg