View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 03:08 AM
Master hull craftsman

Thanks for the more in depth on that, but the diesel pump UK guy basically said the same thing. 100hp at the wheels regardless of 603 or 606 on a stock pump. The positive is that he says my 716.668 6 speed is good at about 250hp which is where the stock turbo will run out of steam. So until later, either a gm,jeep or bmw trans adapter to handle the goods, and a hx35 or 40, the 400 hp pump(which he says is actually good for over 500 dependant on a few things) I'll be ordering will just basically be throttle stopped to keep it from rolling coal [emoji1785][emoji2961]. I'll throw the stocker on it to give it a little health check since just spinning it for compression won't necessarily let all the bad noises out. Then off it goes to Merry old England(or whatever) while I do timing chain tensioner, water pump and bottom end gaskets that he reccomended. He says pull a bearing cap too. Not sure I really want to do that though. I like to leave factory bearings alone. If it's not making noises and not garbage in the pan I'm content not knowing what they look like.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk