View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 11:15 AM

Thanks everyone for their replies. Some more info....

It could very well be that there is excessive blow by and this is venting oil into the crankcase. The rest of the engine is clean, and there are no oil leaks or drips. She burns very little oil...

The set up of the hoses coming from the crankcase is different than what I have seen on other cars. Photo is attached. There is a tube directly from the oil filler cap to the oil bath air filter - this is I think where the oil is coming from. The oil breather system is in place on the, but it seems to be not connected - it goes to a T piece and then one end of that T piece is open.

My guess is this open part of the T piece should connect to the bottom of the oil bath air filter.

So, maybe a former owner set this up so at least if pressure is building in the crank case it escapes down that extra tube directly to air bath oil reservoir and not out the crankcase or another place.

So, maybe I should leave it like it is, and just clean out my oil bath air filter on a more frequent basis, which also can't hurt the car.

PS. This is an OM615 engine in my W110 ;-).....

Attached Thumbnails
Oil Bath Air Filter Filling with Oil-oil-lines.jpg  

Last edited by Cairo1966_W110; 10-09-2020 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Added Photo