View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 05:34 PM

Newbie 250C carbs question

Hi gang-
I am new to MB and this forum. I have been doing a lot of reading and am going to attempt rebuilding my Zenith carbs. I may need some guidance with that. Also tracing a no crank condition since 1995.

First- the car-
I had the opportunity to purchase a tobacco brown/ tan 1970 250C from the estate of the original owner. I have most maintenance records of this car. Story goes- the car was serviced at 42K miles, then stopped running some point shortly thereafter. It sat stored indoors since 1995 and has not started. No one really knows why it didn't start.

I got the car home on my trailer. I think I traced the NO CRANK issue to the neutral safety switch. No reverse light gave it away. Checked the switch and no continuity. Opened the switch up and the contacts were junk and beyond repair. NOS from ebay on the way. Hope that fixes the No crank condition.

Removed the plugs and soaked the cylinders with PB blaster/ trans fluid. I hand cranked it over a 1/8 turn every few days. Engine is NOT stuck.
But the fuel was in the tank from 1995. Removed the valve cover (CLEAN under here) and pulled the carbs off- some of those carb studs/ nuts were NOT EZ.

Orderd a pair of rebuilt kits from our sponsor.
Will see what happens!

Thanks for any advice on the carbs / NSS in advance.