View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 09:07 PM

1969 280se 3 Cylinder Injection Pump

I’m probably going to say a Hail Mary and go out to the driveway and hope the front three ports (for the back three cylinders) will miraculously start flowing the next time I crank the motor.

I don’t know WTF I’m doing.

I’ve never touched a mechanical injection Mercedes before.

This is a totally rotted, no title, purchase that’s cost me far more in time than money. The fact that I got the motor AND fuel pump spinning and am considering using it to build pressure in the pump is money in the bank IMO.

With injector lines off, I got spurts from the back port (for front cylinder) first, and then a bit from the next one forward, and then I pinned the throttle thingee to full throttle and got flor from the third.

Later I put the lines on those three and got flow. Then to plug the lines I added injectors. Low and behold Techron is flowing into the water bottles for those three. And that was just a few minutes after pouring Techron into a funnel to feed into the injection pump via gravity.

But as of yesterday morning, about 12-16 hours after putting the Techron in, I got no new action from the other three ports. The last thing I did was shoot some PB Blaster into the pools of Techron I’d poured into the top of those three ports. It displaced a bunch of Techron leaving the orangey bubbles and I shut the hood.

The fuel filter was surprisingly clean. The inspection sticker on this parts car expired in 1986. That’s too many years for me you count on my fingers and toes, and my kids won’t sit still long enough for me to use theirs.

So I’m wondering what to do next.

Remove injection pump from the car?

Supply pressure to the injection pump?

But first I will say that Hail Mary. Better yet I will call my lucky friend Bob. And if it doesn’t spurt Techron out those ports, I will blame it on lack of fuel pressures.

Opinions?