View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 07:22 PM
Renaissances Dude

That’s what I’m finding. Turns out that the sulfur compounds in Dino are/were a big part of what gives it any lubricity. Maybe all of it, not sure. Hard to imagine that the only way to add lubricity is by adding 5% or so bio diesel.

One would think that the major oil companies would want to know what they were putting in their diesel. I did some market research last night, none of the diesel pumps I found were marked with either B5 or B20. Search indicates that B5 or less can be labeled diesel number 2. I knew that B20 Had some slightly increased green cred, not sure who profits from that, I understand fleets that use it do, not sure if the station gets any sort of benefit.

I’m pretty sure that HPR would be OK for common rail engines, it’s a lot different from first gen bio diesel, it’s refinement is much more like what is done with dino, or so I’ve read.

One of my clients is talking about buying a Mercedes Sprinter and having me do the camper conversion. I want to be able to give her accurate information about fuels. You would think there would be more info online about HPR and late-model diesels.