View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 05:58 PM
Master hull craftsman

Yeah He removed the turbo to have it rebuilt years ago but someone else took a ton of **** off it. I should have looked closer at a pic he sent. I would've seen the fuel line off from the lift pump. I suppose it may still run with gravity feed directly to the injection pump but the oil cooler being missing was the thing that stopped any hope of trying to make noise. Even the vacuum pump hole probably wouldn't even have made that big of a mess. But he told me everything was still there and I believed him. Honestly he thought it was all there as far as I could tell. He found the title and it said 202,000 in 2001 so his "I think the cluster said 151,000" was wrong too. I felt 2 good cylinders turning it by hand.......it probably would've gone in my car and ran but this other one is clearly better and only 150$ more. He was stuck on 500$. I probably would've given him 250-300$ but I'm glad I didn't. Shame the back seat won't work in my wagon. I'll have to try out that vinyl dye spray stuff. 4HR(8 HR total) Road trip starting at about 3AM. YEE HA!

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk