View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 03:10 PM

1969 280se 3 Cylinder Injection Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx93086 View Post
There is a check valve under the fitting where the injector lines attach. Earlier in the thread you said that blowing air in the #4 fitting inflated your bottle (sometimes). If the check valve is working properly it should not do that. Also, if the check valve is not sealing you will not get flow through the injector. I recommend removing the check valve and giving it a good soaking/cleaning. Once you take off the threaded fitting for the line, the check valve lifts out, but sometimes they are difficult to lift out. If it is the same as the Porsche, you can make a tool that threads on to the check valve and lift it out.

Thank you!

I do remember the fuel bottle inflating, and can’t recall what I was blowing into, but agree it must have been the port for the cylinder line. That makes a lot of sense, and this is the first I’ve heard of this concept of this check valve. I really appreciate it because it sounds like it could potentially alleviate the need to remove the injector pump from the motor again.

It sure would be nice if I had a line wrench that would fit over an individual line and not make it so I’d have to basically remove all the lines from the IP to get to the middle.

Maybe it’s time to buy some new line wrenches (better than my broken HF ones).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk