View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 12:14 AM

w108 Blaupunkt Radio Removal, HELP!

Hello Gents,

I'm a new user so Greetings & Salutations from Chile to all of you. I really hope that you all, and your Familes, are doing fine in good spirit and health (darn COVID!).

I'm the proud owner of a 1971 280S W108 I'd inherited from my Dad, and the car spent 10 years sitting in my garage because of a clutch master cylinder problem. Only recently I was able to figure it out and fix it on my own, so I'm trying to bring "her" back to its glory. One of the issues it has is the Blaupunkt radio that comes with it, as I have no clue on how to remove it.

I tried removing the knobs and the tone/tuner ones, plus removing the flat nuts behind them, but the stripped face plate doesn't come off. It's firmly stuck there and I'm wondering if there's something I might be missing here.

Thanks in advance for your kind help, and please excuse me if this was already asked before, but I couldn't find any straight DIY instructions or gain acces to Jamie Kop's instructions (for Becker's? - BTW, does anybody have these instructions in a .pdf that might share with me?-).
Best Regards & Stay SAFE!
David

P.S.: A pic of "Meche" my Ol'Lady
Attached Thumbnails
w108 Blaupunkt Radio Removal, HELP!-p8270007.jpg