View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 10:47 AM

Though it runs, you can tell it has a amazing amount of blow by. So as fate would have it, I asked a guy on Ebay if he had any other om636 stuff. He sent back some pictures of what looked like a field of 50+ pontons, and older stuff.

We got to talking about my 170. Next thing you know I'm driving 200 miles away...

Wound up getting a complete 636 engine that was from a running ponton that got wrecked. Guy walked away from it!.
Was claimed to have been rebuilt fairly recently. Picked up the trans, and starter to it as well.

Even better I got a front windshield( though bubbled, will work) the rare curved rear window. A inside door handle. Those missing under hood side panels. A wiper motor with linkage. Trunk support levers. Even the hood hinge.

I couldn't afford any of the trim. Would have costed more than the whole drive train combined. Might have some Peugeot stainless laying around, it could work..

Now I'm torn about the color.... Is it white with black stripes, or black with white stripes?