View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 10:44 PM
Master hull craftsman

It's not quite exactly the same as it was, but very similar. I have a couple things to disconnect to test for noise change but I think it was the bearing spinning on the pilot of the trans before and now squeaking in the bronze. I sure hope I'm wrong but the only other things I can ponder are the main bearing which should continue to make noise under load regardless of clutch engagement and the engine shock absorbers which shouldn't be a continuous squeal for more than the initial pull of the engine lifting. The only other thing is possibly a rough flex disc but I really doubt it or the driveshaft getting into something in the tunnel. I thought maybe it could be something in the crankshaft thrust bearing from clutch pressure but that doesn't make sense since it does it only when mostly released. I've got squealing alt/water pump belts that are at the adjustment limit so that's not helping figure it out. Had to order them since it's a pair and no one has two of the same brand and line.

These sure would have helped while fitting the pilot bushing too. Next time....[emoji1745]