View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 09:56 PM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by filp View Post
3. EGR delete is a good thing to do.
My old engine had a sort of amateur EGR delete done on it, at least I think that’s what happened, I never met the original owner. I bought it from Mercedes personality/broker Blue Nelson. The story I heard, the lady of the house, whose car it was, grew weary of needing to shut the engine off with the push lever under the hood, she couldn’t find someone who could fix the shut off thing, so she gave it to her sons to hot rod. My guess is they did the EGR delete.

I’ve been told that the bypass pipe they made almost certainly resulted in a loss of power owing to being non-insulated.

The new/used engine which is being put in my car at this time has the original post trap oxidizer delete EGR and pipe in question set up. Pretty sure that’s what it is anyway, here t’is:

Diseasel300 is big on the BB EGR delete method. I gather you put the right size BB in the vacuum line leading to the EGR and presto-disable-o, no EGR. I think I’m going to go that route, and appear to any and all prying eyes to be complying with the law.

Not sure what size BB is needed but my guess is one that fits pretty tight in the vacuum line.