View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 01:21 AM

I know what you are going through 'cause I've been there, done that. The excellent advice to let her have her space is good because if it is only a phase, she'll make her way home and it becomes a good learning experience. If she means it, well you know. If she calls and wants to talk, by all means do, and you really need to listen, let her talk - you listen. Don't go on about how bad you feel, but find out how she feels and what is bothering her, you know the drill. Big thing is you've got to mean it, not just giving lip service but really listening and trying to understand what she is saying.

Expect to not think as clearly as you used to, but don't worry this will pass. Your appetite will drop and I promise you are going to lose weight, not so much from the lack of appetite, but from stress. Again, this will pass too. Myself, I dropped about 30 pounds in 2 weeks, not healthy. Took a while but I gained back a good 20 and have stayed even for the past 10 years.

Which ever way this goes, you will survive and be stronger for it. Life does go on and it can get better.

'02 CLK320 Cabriolet - wifey's mid-life crisis

2012 VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI...at least its a diesel

Non illegitemae carborundum.