View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 03:19 AM

Wink

About the vacuum locking system-

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I was always under the impression that....especially on a W123...the door lock is pressed down from the passenger rather than the driver side door, that eventually it will mess up the vacuum system....and the same went for unlocking the car. As a child I was always told to unlock the car (we had a W123 wagon) from the driver's side only...any thoughts?

Now that I drive a W201, and I don't have remote keyless, I have always found that if I unlock the car from the trunk, by the time I walk myself around to the driver's door, it's opened.

On the locking the keys in the car note-

I always carry two sets of keys on me, and one always stays clipped to my belt loop. Every now and then I'll give someone a ride that's not acquainted with the Mercedes system and will push their door lock on the way out, which almost made me lock the keys in the car one time. I usually always ask people not to lock the door because it'll tear up the vacuum system.

I think the vacuum system is genious, because it really takes a lot of going out of your way (or a habitual door locking passenger) to lock your keys in the car. Though the remote keyless entry WOULD be nice