View Single Post
Old 02-02-2001, 02:50 AM

I recently found an excellent 300D with a trunk full of engine parts. I had my engine put in the car and the seized up one removed. I now need to sell off the five pistons and crankshaft as well as a valve cover and assorted other smaller parts from the trunk. Oil filter assembly etc. I think that the various bearings are here as well. I will have them assessed if anyone is interested.
The fuel injection system on the seized engine is also said to be fine but the mechanic suggests that I keep it in case I ever need one. It may have other useful parts as well. I don't know much about these sorts of things. The previous owner planned to rebuild the engine but backed out because of marital problems. The transmission from the '77 is also available since it will not fit into the '80. Because many of these things are heavy, I suppose interest would be confined to the midwest since I am in central Indiana. There are a number of other things in the '77 that are still quite functional. .Window motors and the like.