View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 09:03 PM
mattdave

ok I should have explained it better

Pick-n-pull was having there half price weekend I was willing to grab parts and charge the regular pick-n-pull price. The good interiors were long gone they go in a day or two after the cars get there. There many parts request that came in after the sale was over but they have the parts you want. Nice dash taillight for 123 floor mats I ran out of money buying parts and only got to spend 2 and a half days doing it instead of four. I got hung up for a long time pulling a transmission. I also met another board member at one of the yards I helped him pull some parts my mail box is now empty but with the exception of a 1984 300sd condenser and some window regulators I have made contact with every one I pulled parts for. I live real close to 2 pick-n-pulls so I don’t mind pulling some parts for a small fee if you can’t get them in your location. But it will have to wait till I recoup some of the money I spent doing this. I go about once a week to the one right down the street from me there only carrying about 4 diesel MBZ at a time and another 4 or 5 gassers. The other yard is about ten miles from my house they had 13 diesel cars this time wich is a record. The third yard about 30 miles from my house I go maybe every 6 weeks they have 7 or 8 diesels at a time. I cant stress enough that nice interiors are snapped up in a day interiors being seats door panels sometimes carpets. There is usually at least 1 w116 2 123 a 240d different vintage a 190e but body parts are the same parts that are usually there. Window regulators, except 190 there gone in 2 to 3 days exterior lights dash boards instrument clusters except 126 carpet engine parts but never 1985 cars only 1984 or older great tires wheels some cars are wrecked some are DUI impounds where the judge sends the car to never be driven again and the yard must part it out some are wreaks and an amazing amount are bad injectors nailing misdiagnosed as rod knock. There prices have gotten kind of steep non sale price turbo $70 + core window regulator $26 + $3 core tail light I think is $12 complete engine all accessories I think is still $240 + core transmission $77 + core radiator or condenser or electric fan are all $30 + core just too give you a ballpark on prices.
Dave S my mail box is empty don’t know how long it will last