View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Certified diesel nut

It looks like those wire leads in the first picture are for the electric auxilliary fan. They're supposed to plug into a sensor on the a/c drier (the black piece with the hoses and the other electrical connection), and is supposed to turn the fan on when the refrigerant gets too warm.. From the picture, it looks like the sensor's missing...does your a/c work? I'm guessing not; IIRC it's impossible to remove that sensor without draining the system...

Quote:
The connectors are after-market, not MB.
Actually, unless hers and my car were worked on by the same person at some point (or there's a really eerie coincidence somewhere), those are factory. I agree that they don't look like M-B (don't know about you, but I've never seen that connector anywhere else on the car), but I've got the exact same connectors on my '85...and, BTW, I actually jumped these two wires to get my aux fan to spin whenever the key's on (because my engine-driven fan's temporarily dead).

The second and third pictures are of your cruise control actuator. This is what physically moves the throttle linkage (that's why it's connected) where the CC brain box tells it to to maintain speed. Given the corrosion on the outside, I would imagine that it's bad...

The fourth picture...if you're referring to the line at the lower side (as opposed to the oen on top), mine goes through the firewall into the passenger compartment. I've been blessed in not needing to play with the vacuum system on my car all that much, so that's all I can offer there...sorry.

Hope this helps some...good luck!
Previous oilburners: 1980 IH Scout, 1984 E-350, 1985 M-B 300D, 1979 M-B 300SD, 1983 M-B 300D
Spark-free since 1999

Last edited by The Warden; 09-04-2004 at 07:50 PM.