View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 04:33 PM

The worst was just after my fiance (now my wife) threatened to leave me. Before she could get on the train and leave forever, I raced over to where she was staying. I had just pulled onto the highway from the entrance ramp when a cop who just happend to be driving by on the hightway, pulled me over for doing 115 in a 55 -- I only had about 15 seconds to reach that speed, otherwise it would have been a lot worse. The bad news though, is that my ticket was given in the hanging judge's jurisdiction. That judge had a reputation for jailing anyone caught going over 100. At trial I told the story of saving my impending marriage, the cop "understood" and talked the judge into accepting a reduced plea to speeding at 75 in a 55. Fine was $200.

The best deal I ever got was after I was having fun on the highway, cruizing really fast and I manged to "allegedly" cut--off an undercover police captain. (It was totally safe, lots of room and he was driving so slow there was no chance of hitting him). Anyway, he was so pissed off when he finally caught me that he wrote me up for reckless driving, a misdemeanor with jail time, loss of license, outrageous insurance, etc. Good thing I'm a local atty, by agreeing to withdraw my arguable motion to dismiss (the captain had made many mistakes) the prosecutor settled for a guitly plea to doing 70 in a 55 and a $100 fine. Had I lost the motion the result would have been infinately worse.

No speeding tickets since in my C43. I only speed where & when I know it's safe and the cops are not likely to be present. I'm still paying relatively outrageous insurance rates in NY.
C55: Evosport headers & UDP's; AMS crank; TVT thermo; phenolic spacers; Denso IK16's; EuroTech ECU; RennTech cf airbox w/ Green filters; Z06 catch can; Sprintbooster; Optima RedTop; Quaife LSD; AMG: shift paddles, 030 rear calipers & rotors; Rotera brake lines; Euroteck CF lip; "C63" rear diffuser; 18" SLK AMG Turbines (summer); 18" OZ Superleggera's (winter); K40 dual f&r radar w/ laser jammers; MB: digital climate control, iPod kit & mp3 CD changer; iTronic B/T for MOST.

Last edited by Tump; 10-31-2004 at 07:47 PM.