View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 04:32 AM

Looking at the picture you posted of the lock, it looks pretty messed up already, so maybe the idea of drilling out the lock has some merit. You'd be doing about the same thing if you drilled a hole in the chrome trim, must trying to push in on the latch with a rod of some sort. The latch itself never locks, what happens is the distance piece that pushes in on the latch is moved so it won't push on the latch. This is done by moving it mechanically with the key, or the vacuum servo moves it automatically when locking/unlocking the drivers door lock.
On last reort is if the key will actually move in the trunk lock cylinder, turn it VERY hard, sometimes the distance piece will just barely touch the latch and open the trunk. If you want to drill the chrome, do it at about the 3 o'clock position (as I think I've said twice now) which is just to the right of the lock cylinder.
I've HEARD of people busting the tail light to open the trunk, never had to do it, so I am uncertain if this is an easier but less economical way of opening it, ctaylor may be correct, I'd have to have a 107 to study before I'd recommend it.
Gilly