View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Brandon314159

I dunno, unless you have a specific reason to remove those non-workings, you never know who might end up with your car someday that WOULD want them there to fix.
I hate nothing more than to come across someones car where they hacked something out, like an AC pump that had a leaky system or low, removing the guts to eletronics, etc.

If your primary purpose is merely for tidyness, a smart CLEAN engine is hard to beat. I would have no poblem ousting damaging things like the EGR and whatnot but as far as functionality goes, a few bucks in AC o-rings or a soldering iron and some time might be all your "unworking" things need for someone who wants to take the time to fix the broken goodies and bring the car back to its once origional state. My AC was broken, I fixed it. My cruise control is sporadic, I fixed it, etc....
If you are itching to turn wrenches and play with things, break out the cleaners, new gaskets and seals, and lots of rags/towels and make her shine...
Ya never know, you may feel inclined to fix that stuff someday

BTW everything on my 69 bug works...I dunno why everyone fretted over heater controls not working, such simple systems