View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydivetoday

He came back with, the oil is from the North Sea oil (I do not known what that should means to me) and it comes by boat to the Tampa, FL center and then trucked to his stations. It is rated as Min. 42 cetane. He does not own a diesel car put has a twin screw diesel boat, which he now fuels from his stations. I have been fueling there (less then two miles from my home) for years and have added PS as per the direction on the bottle giving me 45 cetane.

I know that MB diesels will run fine with 45 cetane or above and 40 cetane is too low. I however, do not know what the cut off point is.

Well, you might want to ask him if it goes to a refinery after it gets to Tampa, and prior to arriving at his stations.

The ratio is somewhat determined by the user. PEH doesn't use it and he feels his vehicles run perfectly well without it. Mine would probably run quite decent as well, but, I notice that the 603 has a little more pep with the Power Service. Furthermore, I can't be bothered with Purge every six months, so, if the Power Service will eliminate that effort, then it further supports my conclusion to use it. If the vehicle can get .75 mpg improvement from the Power Service, it pays for itself. I would be fairly certain that the Power Service will provide this increase, but, I can't document it due to other variables.

I have not run the Power Service in the 617 yet. It would typically get a container of "Diesel Hi-test" every three or four tanks.