View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 08:52 PM

ok heres what i did. First i pulled out the glove box and checked each of the actuators separatley by removing each vacuum line one at a time and evacuating it with a mighty vac. well the ones that go to the recirculate actuators won't hold vacuum even for a second. The one for the center flap pumps up then slowly leaks down. The only one that really holds 100% is defrost. I even capped off the main supply at the pump under the hood and checked the supply at the valve, it too leaked down slowly. Now when I connect the center vent flap directly to the supply, bypassing the valve, it stays open. So I am thinking I probably have a number of leaks, enough to where there is not enough vacuum left to hold the center actuator open when the other actuators are hooked up.
Anyone know how much vacuum the supply at the valve should be? And how to convert mbar to inches?
I am also curious as to the routing of the supply to the valve. At the valve it is green with yellow stripes but I could not find it under the hood.
Thanks, Brian
87 300Dturbo 180K #14 head still running R-12 SOLD 12/2017
02 F350 Powerstroke 180K
05 Chevy Express 1 ton w/Royal Utility box 120K
08 Infiniti FX-35 40K
15 Golf Sportwagen TDI 35K
10 Sprinter 3500 chassis with a Class A Winnebago on it. 56K